Out of 100 million coincidental encounters, until the end I've been wishing for this one. Beautiful words are unnecessary, there is no need for them, let them go. You cannot find a heart in the mind, nor in the brain, but between the two of us, you can certainly feel it.
The Gazette - Tokyo shinjuu (With English Translation)

Romaji Lyrics

Aisuru hito ga ima no watashi no subete desu
Anata ga iru kara watashi ga watashi de irareru no

"Tou-san, kaa-san. Watashi, ano hito to Toukyo de kurasu koto ni shimashita
Baka na koto da to wa juppun wakattemasu
Watashi datte mou kodomo ja arimasen
Jibun de kankaeraremasu
Gomen nasai. Saigo no wagamama yurushite kudasai..."

Ano hi anata kara watasareta Toukyo yuki no kippu
Uchiakete kureta, shourai to yume wa

"Kono machi wo dete Toukyo de isshoni kurashite kurenai ka?"
Watashi wa sukoshi tomadoi nagaramo ureshikatta

Fuan nante sukoshimo nakatta aisuru hito ga issho desu kara
Tsurai tokiya sabishii toki mo tashou aru deshou ga
Tayoru kazoku mo sutetekimashita baka na amae ya miren mo zenbu
Anata to no atarashii jinsei to yume no tameni

Mabushisa ga minishimi wataru dakedo anata iru kara
Kaeru wo matsu jikan sae mo shiawase de afureteru
Kokoro wo komete tsukutta anata ga suki na ryouri
Yorokobu kao ga hayaku mitai... mitai desu

"Toukyo no seikatsu ni mo narete kimashita
Ano hito wa mainichi yoruosoku made oshigoto ganbattemasu
Sono sei deshouka, saikin genki ga nai you ni oboemasu
Watashi ga kiite mo, tadaku tabireta egao wo miseru dakede
Kotaete kuremasen
Shinpai de, shinpai de, shikatanai desu"

"Tadaima"

Totemo yasashii anata no koe
Tsurai toki wa itsumo futari de sasae atta
Donna ni fukou demo futari nara daijoubu datta
Ai ga sameta wake janai tada otagai no kimochi ga
Soppo wo muite ita dake

Hajimete anata ga naiteta shakai ni yabureta yoru
Nante koe wo kaketara ii ka... oshiete
Yume no tameni nakushita shiawase na katei wa
Mae wo mukezu tada kuyashikute naiteiru
Mazushisa ga minishimiru futari wa te wo totte
Kisetsu hazure no senkou hanabi wo mitsumeteru
Kono hidane ga ochite miren ga nakunattara
Me wo tojite gokkan no umi e... futari de
Tsunaida te ga hodokete mu ni naru watashi to anata

"Anata to sugoshita juusan kagetsu. Hontou ni iroiro arimashita ne
Isshoni itakara yoku wakarimasu. Ganbari sugite tsukareta n'desho?
Mou daijoubu watashi zutto isshoni iru kara. Gomen ne Tou-san, Kaa-san
Atashi kono hito nashi ja ikite yukenai. Shinpai sasete gomen nasai
Gomen nasai, Gomen nasai..."



English Translation

Gazette
Tokyo Shinjuu (English) lyrics

Father, Mother. I have gone to live with that person in Tokyo.
I know full well that it's a foolish decision.
But I'm no longer a child.
I can think on my own.
I'm sorry. Please forgive this last act of selfishness...


The person I love is my everything now.
It's because of your existence that I'm able to live as myself.
That day, I received from you,
A ticket to Tokyo
And a confession.
In my future and dreams,
When we get out of this town, won't you live in Tokyo with me?

While I was a bit confused I was also overjoyed.
There wasn't the least bit of insecurity or worry.
Because the person I loved asked if we could be together.
Even though tough or disheartening instances would probably more or less arise.
I came, throwing away the family I depended on.
My foolish presumptions and lingering were all
For the sake of the new life and dream that I would share with you.
Poverty spread to our bodies,
However because you were there,
Even the time I spent waiting for your return was one overflowing with happiness.
I cooked the dishes you loved, worked my heart into them.
I want to see your delighted face as soon as possible... I yearn to see it.

I have grown used to the life in Tokyo.
That person works hard and late into the night everyday.
Maybe it's because of that, I feel that he doesn't seem very energetic recently.
Even when I ask, all he does is show me a tired smile.
He won't give me an answer. I'm helpless in my worries.


I'm back


Your voice is so gentle.
The both of us have always been supporting each other during tough times
No matter what sort of unhappiness came about,
It was alright as long as we were together.
It's not that the love has become cold,
It's just that our feelings have been looking and facing away from each other.
The first time you cried
Was the night you were torn in society
How can my voice connect with you... please tell me how.
The family which I lost up for the sake of our dream
Was facing the front, just crying regretfully.
Poverty has hit us
We take each other's hand
As we watch the off-season sparklers.
This fire falls, it's lingering presence has passed away
Closing our eyes, we face the arctic-cold ocean... the both of us together.
Our linked hands were unseparable.
You and I became nothing.

The thirteen months I spent with you.
A lot has happened hasn't it?
We lived together so I can know that well.
You're tired from working too hard aren't you?
It's alright now because I will always be with you.
I'm sorry Father, Mother.
I can't live without this person.
I'm sorry for making the both of you worry.
Sorry. Sorry
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Lyrics copyright to their respective owners or translators. No copyright infringement is intended or implied.